OPTIMA STEAMER SERIES LIMITED WARRANTY
Effective as of January 2015
Steamericas Inc. hereby warrants that new Optima Steamers purchased from an authorized Optima Steamer dealer in North and South America, including Steamericas Inc., will be free from factory defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated below, subject to certain limitations.
OUR WARRANTY POLICY
This warranty is NOT transferable and covers replacement parts and labor only. This warranty does not cover any consequential damages or business loss.
THE PERIOD OF WARRANTY
The warranty on your Optima Steamer is one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original owner against defects in material and workmanship. The warranty on boiler is two (2) years from the date of purchase by the original owner.
General exclusions from this warranty shall include any failures caused by:
- a. Installation of parts, attachments or accessories that are not original to the unit or genuine Optima Steamer parts. (i.e. external aftermarket attachments such as exhaust duct extension)
- b. Abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse.
- c. Lack of proper maintenance.
- d. Accident or collision damage.
- e. Changing or altering factory settings without consulting with an authorized technician.
- f. Damage or malfunctions resulting from natural calamity, freezing, theft, accident, vandalism, abuse due to misapplication and/or improper site conditions.
- g. Water damage
- h. Electrical damage from including, but not limited to improper use of extension cords, failure to meet proper voltage requirements, incorrect or insufficient amperage circuit
- i. Insufficient unobstructed distance on exhaust
Items not covered under warranty include:
- a. Parts replaced due to normal wear or routine maintenance, including but not limited to sensors, filters, fuses, valves, pipes, electrodes, cables and fittings (e.g. nipples, couplings, o-rings, etc) .
- b. Steam hoses, guns nozzles and other accessories.
- c. Any transportation or travel costs.
- d. Reimbursement for rental units while repairing warranty items.
- e. Normal maintenance items such as: draining tanks and boiler, descaling, cleaning or replacing sensors, replacing filters and fuses, soot removal, tightening and sealing bolts and fittings and others stated in the user manual.
- f. Failure caused by water scale problem due to local water conditions.
- g. Warranty work completed after 30 days from discovery.
- h. Claims made under fraudulent situations.
Under this warranty, the customer’s responsibility shall:
- a. Operate and maintain the machine as specified in the instructions manual;
- b. Give notice to an authorized Optima Steamer dealer of apparent defects within ten (10) days after initial malfunction;
- c. Provide proof of purchase, purchase date, and serial number of the warranty item(s);
- d. Make the unit available for inspection and repairs at dealer’s place of business. If shipped, transit costs should be prepaid.
Some states do not allow limitations or warranty exclusions, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.